Due to maintenance work scheduled for the first week of July, availability of both the Holography Forum and the Wiki may be interrupted. Here are the dates, time, and likely durations of the service interruptions.
- July 2 between 4:00 and 6:00pm for somewhere between 5 and 60 minutes -- Done
- July 3 between 4:00 and 6:00pm for somewhere between 5 and 120 minutes -- Done
- July 5 between 4:00 and 6:00pm for somewhere between 5 and 60 minutes
Welcome to the Holography Forum's Holography Wiki - A Holography FAQ and Database for anyone who makes holograms.
Holographyforum.org / holowiki.org
A place to discuss holography
Holography Forum is the online discussion vehicle for an eclectic group of holography enthusiasts, experts, amateurs, and professionals. The forum itself is a wealth of information, and new topics for discussion are always welcome. Newcomers are warmly welcomed.
You may browse the various discussion threads as a guest, and it costs nothing to sign up as a full forum member.
Your host for this Holowiki site is John Fisher, chief volunteer with the honor of being site administrator.
New Stuff and Recent Additions
- Presentation slides from the Tenth International Symposium on Display Holography, provided by Petr Lobaz.
- Holography Forum has moved back to its original home at http://holographyforum.org/forum.
- Experiment with albumen plates by Filipe Alves.
- Cold Water Processing article by Ed Wesly.
- Compilation of chemistry for holographic developers and bleaches, courtesy of Ed Wesly.
- DCG Color Tuning guide derived form the Holography Forum archives.
- Beginner's Corner. Basic information for getting a start in holography.
- Dichromated Gelatin. Basic information about branching off into the realm of DCG holography.
- Experimenter's Corner. Odd things to try, or what others have tried.
- Hints and Kinks. Tips and techniques shared by others.
- Equipment. Things used in making holograms.
- Homemade Equipment. Some equipment is easily made at home.
- Gallery. Great examples of success, failure, and experiments.
A Little History
- History of Holography. The timeline of the people and technology.
- History of Dichromate Holography. A timeline of the people and technology in the advancement of dichromated gelatin holography.
- Biographies of Holographers. The people who have made it all possible.
- Holography Safety. Chemical and laser safety. A must read!
- Abbreviations. Commonly used abbreviations by holographers.
- Holography Glossary. Holography technical terms defined.
- Holography Technology. The hardware and setups for making holograms.
- Hologram Recording Materials. How to get, make and use them and chemistry.
- Holography Theory. The Mathematics and Science of Holography.
- Holography Links. Other resources for holographers on the web.
- Reading Room. Miscellaneous interesting documents that need to be cataloged.
- Category:Rallison. Information recovered from Ralcon site (Richard Rallison).