Welcome to the Holography Forum's Holography Wiki - A Holography FAQ and Database for anyone who makes holograms.
A place to discuss holography
Update, 2015-01-06: The new Holography Forum is up and running. Since updates to the Internet's domain name system (DNS) take a while to propagate, so the new link above (click on the image), may not work yet for you. It may take as long as 24 hours, but then should be just fine.
Update, 2015-01-05: Ok, well, January 5 may have been a little too ambitious. The new forum site is ready to go, but the domain name system (DNS) still needs to be updated to make the new site accessible.
Announcement: The Holography Forum is moving. After a productive nearly half-decade at holoforum.org, the old site will dim its lights by the end January. To avoid any loss of continuity or (more importantly) content, the forum will relocate sometime on January 5, 2015 to its new home at http://holographyforum.org/forum.
All the current forum's content will be carried over along with the forum archive (the "old forum") and the Lippmann Collection. Everything should look very familiar. The only speed-bump is that you will need to re-register at the new home, but that should be a simple process.
January 5 is the date. It does require the coordination of three individuals' efforts to bring everything together, so an exact time is uncertain. Posts announcing the availability of the new forum will be made to Holoforum and to the Facebook group, "Holography Forum", as soon as everything is in place.
http://holoforum.org/forum is the online discussion vehicle for an eclectic group of holography enthusiasts, experts, amateurs, and professionals. The forum itself is a wealth of information, and new topics for discussion are always welcome. Newcomers are warmly welcomed.
You may browse the various discussion threads as a guest, and it costs nothing to sign up as a full forum member.
Your host for this Holowiki site is John Fisher, chief volunteer with the honor of being site administrator.
New Stuff and Recent Additions
- Experiment with albumen plates by Filipe Alves.
- Cold Water Processing article by Ed Wesly.
- Compilation of chemistry for holographic developers and bleaches, courtesy of Ed Wesly.
- DCG Color Tuning guide derived form the Holography Forum archives.
- Beginner's Corner. Basic information for getting a start in holography.
- Dichromated Gelatin. Basic information about branching off into the realm of DCG holography.
- Experimenter's Corner. Odd things to try, or what others have tried.
- Hints and Kinks. Tips and techniques shared by others.
- Equipment. Things used in making holograms.
- Homemade Equipment. Some equipment is easily made at home.
- Gallery. Great examples of success, failure, and experiments.
A Little History
- History of Holography. The timeline of the people and technology.
- History of Dichromate Holography. A timeline of the people and technology in the advancement of dichromated gelatin holography.
- Biographies of Holographers. The people who have made it all possible.
- Holography Safety. Chemical and laser safety. A must read!
- Abbreviations. Commonly used abbreviations by holographers.
- Holography Glossary. Holography technical terms defined.
- Holography Technology. The hardware and setups for making holograms.
- Hologram Recording Materials. How to get, make and use them and chemistry.
- Holography Theory. The Mathematics and Science of Holography.
- Holography Links. Other resources for holographers on the web.
- Reading Room. Miscellaneous interesting documents that need to be cataloged.
- Category:Rallison. Information recovered from Ralcon site (Richard Rallison).