Hologram Recording Materials
Revision as of 22:01, 2 May 2013 by Admin
Holograms need a material to record interference fringes. There are many materials that can record fringes.
- Silver Halide Materials
- Basic information about silver halide holographic plates and film.
- Silver Halide Chemistry
- Theory and Practice of Making Silver Halide Plates and Development.
- Silver Film Comparison Chart
- A quick comparison of the qualities of different commercially made films.
- Dichromated Gelatin Chemistry
- Theory and Practice of DCG Plates and Development.
- Polymer Film and Processes
- Many commercially sold holograms are made from photopolymers.
- Taken from the electronics industry, this material can make relief holograms for embossing.
- Coating Methods
- Coating Gelatin on to a glass plate is an art in itself.
- There are many crystals that can record an image. The cost and exposure energy required is very high so they are not often used for holography.
- Embossed Holograms
- These are like the holograms seen on credit cards.
- Used as the suspension medium to hold light sensitive particles.
- Wikipedia's summary of Holographic Recording Materials.
- The Elements
- The Periodic Table of the Elements